Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The start of a new painting



Today I sketched the idea for a new painting.  I was commissioned to do this pastel painting for a former client of mine when I was a graphic designer.  They are coming up on their 20th anniversary in February and wanted some ideas for an announcement to send to their friends and clients.

Their logo is a simple black outline of the shadow side of a buffalo head and horns. I decided to bring the logo to life (so to speak) by designing a new anniversary logo, just for this announcement, and substitute this head for the graphic one they are now using.

They liked the idea and decided they would also like a very large painting to hang in the entrance to their corporate offices behind the receptionist. They are also ordering a number of Giclee prints (signed and numbered) to send out with the announcements.

As soon as they decide on a size, and I start the painting, I plan to add the progressions so that you can see the trials and tribulations I encounter.



3 comments:

  1. I love this sketch. I am wondering how the painting can be better but I am sure it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, I can imagine this as a large painting, it will be imposing and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete

type the word UNSUBSCRIBE here to unsubscribe to my blog